- La, V.T. & T. D. Nudds. (2016). Effect of Revisitation Surveys on Detection of Wetland Birds with Different Diel Vocalization Patterns. Journal of Fish and Wildlife Management. 7(2), pp. 509-519. pdf
- La, V. T. & T. D. Nudds. (2016). Estimation of avian species richness: biases in morning surveys and efficient sampling from acoustic recordings. Ecosphere. 7(4). pdf
- Lenske, A. K. & La, V. T. (2014) White-throated sparrows alter songs differentially in response to chorusing anurans and other background noise. Behavioural Processes. 105: 28-35. pdf
- La, V. T. (2012) Diurnal and nocturnal birds vocalize at night: a review. Condor. 114(2): 245-257. pdf
- La, V. T. & S. J. Cooke. (2011) Advancing the science and practice of fish kill investigations. Reviews in Fisheries Science. 19(1): 21-33. pdf
- La, V. (2007) In Between the Lines- A Closer Look at the Global Warming Issue. Authors of Tomorrow. Langley: Elder and Leemaur Publishers. British Columbia, Canada
Selected Conference Presentations
* Indicates presenting author
- La, V. T.* and T. D. Nudds. (2012). Forest-Coop Wetlands and Waterbirds Project. FESC Science Day. Thunder Bay. Oral Presentation.
- La, V. T.* and T. D. Nudds. (2011). Forest-Coop Wetlands and Waterbirds Project. FESC Science Day. Sault St. Marie. Oral Presentation.
- Zolderdo, A.*, La, V. T., and Nudds, T. D. (2011). What Influences Frog & Toad Occupancy in Algonquin Park? Algonquin Research Day. Algonquin Park. Poster Presentation.
- La, V. T.* and Nudds, T. D.. (2011). Finding effective ways to monitor waterbirds in timber-harvested wetlands. Algonquin Research Day. Algonquin Park. Poster Presentation.
- La, V. T.* (2010) Diurnal and nocturnal birds vocalize at night. Animal Behaviour Society 47th Annual Meeting. College of William and Mary. Oral Presentation.
- La, V. T.* and Mennill, D.J. (2009) The vocal behaviour of Common Loons: variation with time of day and weather conditions. 127th Stated Meeting of the American Ornithologists’ Union. University of Pennsylvania. Oral presentation.
- La, V. T.* and Mennill, D.J. (2009) Common Loons (Gavia immer) vary their vocal behaviour with the time of day and weather conditions. Ontario Ecology and Ethology Colloquium. Queen’s University. Oral presentation.
- La, V. T.*, Runtz, M. and Waltho, N. (2008) To nest or not to nest? What influences American Robin (Turdus migratorius) nest-site selection? Carleton Undergraduate Research Day. Carleton University. Poster presentation.
- La, V. T.* (2007) The causes of freshwater and estuarine fish kills and their implications for management. Department of Fisheries and Oceans. Government of Ontario. Poster presentation.